Some children do not like sports, often preferring to play video games instead. It is difficult to motivate your kids to exercise but parents must get their children to abandon the sedentary lifestyle. Here is what parents can do:
- Talk to kids about the benefits of exercise.
- Get to understand that short bursts of exercise is good for children.
- Try to understand why the child does not like to exercise (perhaps bullying is a factor).
- Opt for family activities to help children exercise.
- Always start small in getting children to exercise.
Read the full story here
Image courtesy of www.FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Mike Dilkes MS FRCS(ORL-HNS), FRCSEd, FRCS
Mike Dilkes ENT is based in Central, North, East and South London. Most of our consultations and treatments are carried out either at The Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth or The London Independent Hospital. The Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth is one of London's biggest and most prestigious private hospitals.
It is in St Johns's Wood, a leafy area of the west end, just north of Harley Street and Regent's Park. The London Independent Hospital is in Stepney Green, hidden away just behind Mile End Road, just to the East of the City of London. Formally The London Jewish Hospital, it is a purpose built modern building with full facilities, beautifully appointed rooms, state of the art laser systems and, in case anything goes wrong (it really shouldn't), a fully covered Consultant 24 hour ward and Intensive Care presence - the only private hospital in London to have this.